This Crock Pot Lasagna Casserole is an easier alternative to traditional lasagna with the same great taste the whole family loves!
This recipe is adapted from the Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites. AKA one of my favorite cookbooks and one I use all year long! The original recipe had you making your own sauce and cooking it for 6 hours in the crock pot. I’m sure it tasted great but I needed to simplify it for our lifestyle, aka busy, so I used canned spaghetti sauce.
If you like this recipe you will also love my Slow Cooker Cheesy Ravioli Casserole.
Crock Pot Lasagna Casserole
If you are in a hurry you can skip the layering process and mix all the ingredients (except the Parmesan cheese and parsley) in a large bowl and then place it in a lightly greased crock pot and top with remaining ingredients.
Serve with a side salad and your favorite garlic bread or breadsticks!
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned
- 1 16 oz. pkg. farfalle (bow tie) pasta, cooked
- 1 (25-28 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Dried parsley to garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Turn off the heat and add the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning
- Cook the pasta until Al Dente about 8 minutes.
- Place the ricotta in a medium bowl and add the milk until spreadable.
- Layer the ingredients in a lightly greased 5 qt. slow cooker starting with half the spaghetti sauce, half the pasta, half the ricotta and half the mozzarella cheese; repeat.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Cook on high for about 1½ hours or on low for about 3 hours.
Referral links were used in this post
Shared on: Meal Plan Monday
Shared on: Weekend Potluck