Are you looking for an easy crock pot chicken dinner recipe? This No Fuss Chicken Dinner is perfect for busy days and will be loved by the whole family!
I have been meaning to make my friend Jent at The Farmwife Feeds Golden Mushroom Chicken and when I saw this recipe from the Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites Cookbook I noticed it was very similar and knew it would be a hit.
It’s no secret I love my crock pot, its perfect for our busy lifestyle. And I absolutely love all-in-one recipes like this one! I served it with a side salad and rolls but it really is a complete meal on its own. When I am making this and have a little extra time I will take the chicken out and put in a 9×13 pan and cook it for 10 or so minutes at 450 degrees just to crisp up the skin. I will then pop it back in the slow cooker until the potatoes and carrots are done.
No Fuss Chicken Dinner
The recipe called for 4-6 chicken breasts but we love chicken legs (kids favorite) so I substituted them, you can use your families favorite, breast, thigh or leg. I usually buy chicken legs when they are on sale and freeze them, so we almost always have some on hand. I started with frozen chicken legs and this recipe did take longer than I expected. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is done.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 4 to 6 pieces of chicken (breast, things or legs)
- 4 medium baking potatoes, chunked
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 1 medium onion. chopped
- 10-3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large (5 or 6 qt.) slow cooker; arrange vegetables around chicken.
- In a bowl, stir together soup, garlic powder and enough water to make it pourable
- Spoon soup mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours (use a meat thermometer to make sure not to over cook the chicken), stirring once after 4 hours if possible.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Linked to Meal Plan Monday