This Slow Cooker Beef Brisket is an easy recipe packed full of flavor and one the whole family will love!
This recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Christmas Favorites Cookbook. Yes, it might be a Christmas cookbook but I find myself cooking out of it all year long. It’s one of my favorite crock pot cookbooks!
Brisket, macaroni and cheese, baked beans and coleslaw is one of my all time favorite meals. Yum! I love that this recipe isn’t like most other brisket recipes that use BBQ sauce but instead it uses chili sauce giving it a much different flavor. But don’t get me wrong I will eat the BBQ kind too!
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
The brisket comes from in between the front two legs of a cow and is a tough piece of meat making it perfect for cooking in the crock pot.
This recipe is easy to toss together before you head out for the day and will cook while you are at work. You could add potatoes and carrots for the last two hours if you wanted a complete meal.
- 5 pound whole beef brisket
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 onions, sliced ¼ inch thick and separated into rings
- 12 ouncebottle chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - ½ cup dark ale or beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed.
- Place brisket fat side down in a large slow cooker. Spread garlic evenly over brisket; sprinkle with pepper. Arrange onions over brisket; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sauces, ale or broth and brown sugar; pour mixture over brisket and onions. cover and cook on low setting for 8 - 10 hours. Transfer brisket to a cutting board; tent with with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir liquid in slow cooker; spoon off fat and discard. Arrange brisket on platter, spoon liquid over brisket before serving.
Referral links were used in this post.
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday
Linked to: Weekend Potluck