Are you looking for an easy ground beef recipe for your Instant Pot? These Tavern Sandwiches are a loose meat sandwich recipe the whole family will love.
My husband said these were the best Sloppy Joe’s (before I told him they had another name!) he had ever had! I normally make sloppy joe’s with a sweet sauce but when I saw this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch Hometown Christmas Cookbook I knew it would be a hit!
These sandwiches have a unique ingredient. I will be honest I thought it was a little weird to put a can of chicken gumbo soup in this recipe but the results are yummy!
I made these Tavern Sandwiches in the Instant Pot for a quick weeknight dinner.
Stove Top Instructions: In a medium skillet brown ground beef and drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Crock Pot Instructions: In a medium skillet brown ground beef and drain. Add all ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low for 2-4 hours.
Serve on a bun with a slice of American cheese!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 green onions chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10¾ ounce can chicken gumbo soup, partially drained
- 10¾ ounce tomato soup
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 8 slices American cheese
- Sandwich Buns, split
- With lid off turn on the Instant Pot and select the Saute button.You will want to saute on "normal" aka medium heat.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink, hit cancel to shut off saute feature and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cheese and bun) to pressure cooker.
- With lid on cook on high pressure with manual mode for 7 minutes.
- Then use quick release.
- Spoon beef mixture onto bun and add cheese slice to serve.
Referral links were used in this post.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday