It is almost St. Patrick’s Day and that means corned beef and cabbage and green beer! This is a fuss free way to make this traditional meal.
Start by pouring a can of beer over the beef.
Add your onions and spread on the mustard. Sprinkle with the seasoning packet that came with the meat.
Mix up the brown sugar and water.
Pour into crockpot.
Halfway through the cooking time (the recipe said to add the carrots at the beginning but I don’t like them mushy so I waited and added them later) I added my carrots and potatoes (The recipe didn’t call for potatoes but I knew my picky eater would eat them so I tossed two in). Add your cabbage.
Remove the corned beef, wrap in foil and place in a warm oven.
Let the veggies cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 6 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2-3 lb. corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 12 oz. can beer
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 wedges of cabbage
- Rinse corned beef under running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in crockpot.
- Pour beer over brisket, spread with mustard and sprinkle with contents of seasoning mix.
- Add onions and carrots to crockpot.
- In small bowl mix brown sugar with water and pour over brisket.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low setting for 8-9 hours.
- Remove corned beef from crockpot and wrap with foil, then put into a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- Add cabbage wedges to vegetables and liquid in crockpot.
- Cook on high for an additional 30-40 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- To serve, cut corned beef across grain into thin slices.
- Remove vegetables from slow cooker with slotted spoon and serve with corned beef.
- Serve cooking juices over the food, if desired.