Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes - Hoosier Stew
This Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes is a classic, easy, Midwestern one skillet meal that every one will love!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 10 ounce package smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 Idaho potatoes cubed
- 1 28 ounce can cut green beans - 2-3 cups fresh green beans
- 1/2 of a medium onion chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans of beef broth
- 1 can of water use beef broth can
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon beef base or bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large skillet or stock pot saute, on medium high heat, the sliced smoked sausage until lightly browned on both sides.
Add the garlic and onion and saute until onion is translucent (about 3-5 mins)
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until potatoes are tender (about 15 mins)