This Almond Pecan Pie Bars recipe is easy to make and has a shortbread like crust with a yummy filling filled with almonds and pecans.
This recipe is one I make multiple times a year and is always on our Christmas cookie trays. The recipe came from a bakery I use to work at during high school and college.
Almond Pecan Pie Bars
This recipe is easy to make. The trickiest part about it is making sure you only partially bake the crust before you add the filling. It can easily over cook the second time once you pop it back in the oven.
When cutting the bars you will also have to cut along the outside because the sweetened condensed milk will stick to the pan. It is critical you spray the pan to help make sure it doesn’t stick too much.
You want the crust to resemble pebbles. Do not melt the butter and then mix. I like to use my stand mixer but you could also cut the butter in with a pastry cutter.
There is a thin layer of filling so make sure to spread evenly. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the crust ingredients until pebble like.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Spread the crust evenly over the pan and pat down evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (you only want to partially bake the crust- so remove before it starts to turn brown)
- Whisk the egg and condensed milk together.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and stir together.
- Pour filling over hot crust and bake for 20 mins or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Cool and cut to serve.
Referral links are used in this post.
Shared on Weekend Potluck