Hamburger Soup is a quick and easy meal idea packed with vegetables, ground beef, beef broth and tomato juice. Hamburger Soup uses ingredients you probably already have at home and it freezes well!
I love soup, especially on cold days when my crew needs warmed up from working on the farm. It’s usually easy to make and I almost always have the ingredients on hand which is a bonus for a busy mom and farmwife!
This recipe is easy to make and ingredients can be left out or substituted based on preferences. Start by cooking the ground beef and then sauteing the onions, garlic and tomatoes. Add remaining ingredients and it will be ready in no time!
Soup is an easy way to hide veggies for your picky eaters. I would recommend microwaving the vegetables and then putting them in a blender to puree. Then add the pureed mixture to the remaining ingredients. You can also do this with beans in chili and soup.
I love to serve soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, they are always a hit with the boys. We love to dunk them in our soup like you would dunk an Oreo in milk. Doesn’t get much better!
More Soup Recipes to Try:
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian style tomatoes
- 1 (46 oz) can tomato juice
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- pepper to taste
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion, garlic and tomatoes and saute for 5 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
Shared on Meal Plan Monday