Are you looking for a tried and true beef roast recipe? This slow cooker Italian Beef Sandwich recipe is easy to toss together and is yum-my!
We usually have a lot of beef roasts in the freezer and I can only eat so much pot roast. Don’t get me wrong I love pot roast but need some variety every now and then! My hubby is a picky eater but is a total meat and potato man so I had a feeling that if I could get him to try this, he would love it and I was right!
Italian Beef Sandwiches
I love recipes like this one where you can toss everything in the crock pot.
I made this recipe with only about half of the jar of Pepperoncini pepper slices, because I am a wimp about heat. But you could use the whole jar and juice to kick it up a notch! And since I only used half the jar I could make it again the next week, it’s that good!
You can make the sandwiches with just buns but the garlic bread version is our favorite! Either way, I would recommend that you toast the bread so it doesn’t get soggy.
Have you ever used your stand mixer to shred your meat? Super easy and you won’t burn your hands shredding the hot meat!
For step by step instructions watch this Italian Beef how to recipe video.
- 3-lb. beef chuck roast
- 2-oz. pkg. zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 12-oz can beer or non-alcoholic beer
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 to 7 pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- garlic salt
- 6 to 8 sandwich buns, split, toasted with garlic butter
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with dressing mix; pour beer over top.
- Add onion and peppers.
- Cook on high setting for 5 to 6 hours, until meet easily shreds with a fork.
- Brush buns with butter and sprinkle with garlic butter.
- Toast at 350 for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown.
- Place a slice of cheese on hot bread and spoon mixture onto sandwich buns
This post contains referral (affiliate) links.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday
Shared on Whatcha Crockin