Are you looking for an easy crock pot meal the whole family will love? This Smoked Sausage and Cheese Pasta Bake has 5 ingredients and will win over the pickiest eater!
I had to make this recipe with smoked sausage after I saw some comments on our pin of our Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake. I originally made and blogged the ham version and when readers said they made it with smoked sausage I had to try it. Our kids love smoked sausage and they love pasta so I knew it would be a hit.
This recipe is perfect to toss together while your little one is napping or before picking up the kids at school. It can be so overwhelming once you get everyone home and the little ones are hungry so crock pot recipes with short cooking times are some of my favorites.
Smoked Sausage and Cheese Pasta Bake
The instructions for this recipe are using a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker but it can be made on the stove. Just add the remaining ingredients to the cooked and drained pasta and heat through (medium heat) for about 10-15 minutes. You could also bake it at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
We prefer skinless smoked sausage but you can use whatever your family normally eats. If you don’t have half-and-half you can use whole milk or a lower fat milk and cream mixture or even just milk alone. The higher fat dairy products will give it a creamier taste but if you use a good Alfredo sauce even a low fat milk will still result in a good casserole.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente (7 minutes)
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1 jar (16 ounce) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Fill saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1.5 to 2 hours or until warm throughout and cheese has melted.
Referral links were used in this post.