This post is sponsored by Bisquick and Meijer. but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Are you looking for new breakfast ideas? These Blackberry Buttermilk Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup are an easy homemade recipe that everyone will love!
If you have been around here before you know how much I love breakfast food! So when Bisquick approached me about sharing this awesome recipe and their new Pancake Star website (lots of great recipe ideas and a sweepstakes!) I couldn’t wait to get started! Whenever I am at Meijer I always make sure to grab a box. I love to use it for all our favorite breakfast foods but it can be used for SO much more including the crust for our Deep Dish Taco Squares. Bisquick also makes it easy to get the kids involved in cooking, something we love to do together! I won’t ever forget the look on my toddler’s face when he found out we were making PANCAKES, one of his favorite foods! 🙂
Blackberry Buttermilk Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup
These pancakes would be great all year round. You can substitute any berry that your family may like. They would be the perfect breakfast after berry picking with your family in the summer and you can use frozen berries in the winter. The sweetness of the berries can change throughout the year so you will see I added a little sugar that is optional based on the sweetness of the berries you are using.
I like a little thinner pancake so I added a little more buttermilk. A thinner pancake will cook a little faster and more evenly. If you like thicker pancakes be sure you are cooking them on a lower heat to they cook through without burning.
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2¼ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blackberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup buttermilk (if you like a thinner pancake add 2 Tbls more)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- ½ to ¾ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blackberries, lightly mashed
- In 2-quart saucepan, beat cold water and cornstarch with whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Add the 2¼ cups blackberries, the sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and breaking up blackberries with a fork until mashed. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside. The mixture will thicken slightly as it cools. In medium bowl, place Bisquick mix; add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Stir in the mashed blackberries. Let stand 5 minutes.Heat 10-inch skillet or griddle over medium heat (grease if necessary). Spoon batter into ¼ cup rounds, and cook until bubbles form on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn; cook a minute or two longer. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with blackberry syrup and whipped cream.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years or older. Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 2/11/18. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit https://meijer.com/bisquick. Void where prohibited by law.
Shared on Weekend Potluck