My hubby and I both have a special place in out hearts for blueberry doughnuts.
I know, a match made in heaven!!
While these don’t taste exactly like our favorite from a local bakery they taste good in their own right!!
If you have a different recipe I would love to try it!!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Beat until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each cup approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes.
- In bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients.
- Dip or pour glaze over doughnuts.
- Glaze will set in 10-15 minutes.