This Cheeseburger Casserole with biscuits is an easy main dish recipe that everyone will love!
Cheeseburgers are a hit in our house, all of us love them. So, I knew when I saw his recipe in an old cookbook of grandmas’s it would be a hit. I made a couple tweaks to take it from good to great!
I love biscuit topped meals, I grew up with my daddy making lots of different recipes with the biscuits cooked right on top. Yum!
I love all biscuits but for meals like this I prefer to use the frozen biscuits instead of the canned biscuits. I think the canned biscuits are too sweet but use whatever you family likes!
This casserole is layered like a typical burger, meat mixture first, cheese layer and then bun or biscuit in this case.
The original recipe said you could use tomato sauce or tomato soup, I have made it both ways and prefer the taste of the tomato soup but the soup makes a great substitute if you happen to have it and not sauce in your pantry.
You can substitute any type of cheese slice you might like, pepper jack would add some extra heat!
This meal is great with a side salad but could also be served with french fries!
- 2 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 9 slices of American cheese
- 12 frozen biscuits
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute
- Add the salt and pepper
- Stir in ketchup and tomato sauce.
- Pat in the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish
- Top with slices of cheese
- Place biscuits on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until biscuits are cooked and golden brown.
Linked to Meal Plan Monday