Are you looking to kick up Sloppy Joe night? These Crock Pot Taco Joes are an easy family friendly recipe that are perfect for busy nights. This recipe is great for feeding a crowd and makes a perfect freezer meal.
Crock Pot Taco Joes
This recipe looks like a sloppy joe but has the flavor of a taco, hence the name Taco Joes. It uses 3 pounds of hamburger so it is perfect for feeding a large group of people or you can freeze the leftovers for a quick meal later. I love being able to grab a bag of this hamburger mixture from the freezer on busy nights.
I love simple recipes and this one is as simple as browning the hamburger and tossing all the ingredients in the crock pot. I used a chunky salsa but feel free to use the kind your family likes.
Serve the meat mixture in hot dog buns, hamburger buns or on regular bread. You could even use taco shells. Garnish this recipe with your favorite taco toppings like lettuce, cheese, tomatoes sour cream.
- 3 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
- 16-oz. can refried beans
- 10-oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 16-oz. jar salsa
- 25 hot dog buns
- Garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream
- Place ground beef in a slow cooker. Stir in beans, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hour.
- To serve, fill each bun with ⅓ cups beef mixture and garnish as desired.
Referral affiliate) links were used in this post.
Linked to Meal Plan Monday
Linked to Weekend Potluck