Are you looking for a great slow cooker chicken meal? This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe has great flavor and can be served with or with out gravy.
We usually have a freezer of beef and right now pork so if I am going to make a chicken recipe it better be good! This recipe got two thumbs up from my farmer!
Honey Garlic Chicken and Gravy
We are always on the go and I love slow cooker meals! I can toss them together in the morning when I have a free minute and they are ready to go when we all get home exhausted and hungry! This recipe is perfect for a week night dinner but just fancy enough you could also serve it for company.
The chicken is great alone but if you have an extra 10 minutes I would recommend making the gravy. There is just something about gravy that makes any day better! 😉
To make the gravy remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Run the liquid through a strainer to remove any of the chicken pieces. Transfer the liquid to a sauce pan while still warm. Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and add to the hot liquid, stir until blended. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, boil for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
All slow cookers cook differently so be sure to check the chicken the first time you make this recipe to make sure it doesn’t over cook. My slow cooker cooks hot so I actually started with semi frozen chicken thighs.
Serve with rice or potatoes and your favorite veggie!
If you don’t have sesame seed oil olive oil can be used instead.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced basil
- 4-6 Chicken Thighs
- Gravy: Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place chicken thighs in a slow cooker.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour ingredients over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours.
- For Gravy: (optional)
- Strain the liquid (while still hot) from the slow cooker and pour into a medium size sauce pan.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water until smooth; stir into hot liquid until blended.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over chicken.