This recipe is perfect for a busy mom! It makes two different casseroles, one to eat and one to freeze for a quick meal on a busy night. Oh, and it is yummy!
Start by sauteing your onions, garlic and mushrooms.
Stir in the broth.
Add the turkey, soup and sherry.
Add the Italian seasoning, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Fold in the cooked spaghetti.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
And on the one to freeze.
Bake and enjoy!
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the soup, turkey, broth, sherry, Italian seasoning, pepper and 1 cup of cheese.
- Drain spaghetti; stir into turkey mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 8 in square baking dishes or one 9×13.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole:
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly: