I am usually a savory breakfast food fan, you know the breakfast casseroles that are loaded with sausage or bacon, those are my favorite!
Well cinnamon rolls are an exception, they are in a category of their own, I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, well you get the point!
This recipe caught my attention because of the cream. We are dairy farmers and I love making recipes that feature dairy products! My mom was also staying with us and I happen to know she is partial to cream cheese, so I knew this would be a hit! And boy was it!
This recipe is really easy and uses ingredients you most likely have on the shelf. You also make it the night before which is nice especially if you have company over! You hardly even notice the eggs and the sweet portion of is on the bottom so you can drizzle as much or little as you would like.
I added a few more peaches than the recipe originally called for because I had them on hand and wanted every bite to have yummy peachy goodness!
Now for the recipe, enjoy!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 can (29 oz.) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combing brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; pour into a greased 9x13-in pan.
- Arrange peaches in dish. (I added extra). Place half of the bread cubes over peaches. Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. Place the eggs, cream and vanilla in a mixer bowl; blend until smooth. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
I am participating in Indiana’s Family of Farmers Table Talk series and received a gift in exchange for my participation. As always opinions are all mine!