This Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing is an easy homemade sheet cake that bakes in less than 30 minutes and is the perfect fall dessert!
I love all things pumpkin and this Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing is one of my favorites. Right along with these Soft Pumpkin Cookies. We eat pumpkin desserts all year long but especially in the fall! I also am in love with sheet cakes, they are the quickest way to make homemade cake for a crowd. Here are a couple other of my favorites, Texas Sheet Cake and Vanilla Texas Sheet Cake.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Part of the reason I love sheet cakes so much is the icing to cake ratio. I am not the biggest icing fan so these cakes are perfect for me. If you are an icing fan I would recommend doubling the icing part of the recipe.
The cake really is easy to make start by creaming the first couple ingredients, add the dry ingredients and then the pumpkin. Fold the pecans in at the end and bake until done. You can leave out the pecans if you would prefer the cake without.
- 1 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together oil, sugar and egg.
- Stir in salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and flour.
- Add the pumpkin until blended.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour into a greased 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the cake is baking mix together the icing.
- Blend together all the ingredients and spread on warm cake.
Referral links were used in this post.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday