A simple and easy dump cake recipe with the perfect combination of sweet and tart. This Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake is a family favorite. Be prepared for everyone to ask for the recipe!
Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
I am a huge fan of rhubarb! And an even bigger fan of strawberries and rhubarb together!
Rhubarb can be hard to find depending on the time of year so feel free to use frozen, just make sure to thaw and drain off the majority of the liquid before you place it in the baking dish. Otherwise your cake will be really runny. I typically taste the strawberries before adding the sugar and adjust accordingly. If the strawberries are really sweet I lower the amount and vice versa.
I recently made a dump cake in a casserole crock pot. This recipe could be made the same way. For directions visit:
Here are a couple more Strawberry Rhubarb combo recipes for you to enjoy!
- 1 lb. rhubarb, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 lb. strawberries, sliced (about 3 cups)
- ¾ cup sugar
- i pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin mix
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rhubarb and strawberries in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and dry gelatin mix.
- Stir cake mix, water and melted butter until blended.
- Pour over rhubarb and strawberries and spread to cover.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.