A delicious Crock Pot Coffee Cake that has just the slightest coconut flavor. The recipe is perfect for a brunch or dessert.
I love making desserts in the crock pot, Mixed Berry Dump Cake, Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake and Rocky Road Chocolate Cake are a couple of my favorites. I knew when I saw this recipe from one of my fellow dairy farmer friends, in one of my favorite fundraiser cookbooks, (you know the ones, where everyone submits a recipe, you send them off to get printed and then everyone gets a spiral bound cookbook for Christmas) it would make a great crock pot recipe.
Crock Pot Coffee Cake
To make this recipe in the oven use a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan and layer the batter and sugar mixes the same. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 – 60 minutes or until done.
If you don’t like coconut you can substitute any flavor pudding mix.
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box coconut pudding
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 - ½ cups powdered sugar
- Mix the cake mix, pudding, oil, milk, sour cream and eggs for a couple minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour half of the batter in the bottom of a greased 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the cake mixture in the crock pot.
- Add the rest of the batter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the icing ingredients until blended.
- Drizzle over the coffee cake.
- You may need to put some paper towels under the crock pot lid to soak up the extra moisture.
- You can add or subtract the amount of powdered sugar to get the desired consistency of frosting you like.
Linked to Meal Plan Monday