Deep Dish Taco Squares are an easy ground beef casserole recipe that will kick up your families Taco Tuesday.
I have made these twice in the last couple weeks because it was such a hit with my husband and kids!
Deep Dish Taco Squares
This recipe starts with a biscuit mix crust, has a taco beef mixture in the middle and a sour cream mixture for the top. Don’t worry if you don’t have paprika, it is more for looks than taste. Bake the recipe in a 9×13 inch pan. I garnished it with more sour cream and pico de gallo but you could use salsa or whatever you family prefers. A layer of black beans or refried beans would also be great in this recipe.
If you like this recipe then you should also check out my Taco Bake recipe.
- 4 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1.25 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Garnish: Sour cream and pico de gallo
- Mix biscuit baking mix and water; spread evenly in lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Stir together cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; spoon over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares; garnish with sour cream and pico de gallo.
Referral links were used in this post.
Linked to Weekend Potluck