Deep Dish Taco Squares are an easy ground beef casserole recipe that will kick up your families Taco Tuesday.
I have made these twice in the last couple weeks because it was such a hit with my husband and kids!
Deep Dish Taco Squares
This recipe starts with a biscuit mix crust, has a taco beef mixture in the middle and a sour cream mixture for the top. Don’t worry if you don’t have paprika, it is more for looks than taste. Bake the recipe in a 9×13 inch pan. I garnished it with more sour cream and pico de gallo but you could use salsa or whatever you family prefers. A layer of black beans or refried beans would also be great in this recipe.
If you like this recipe then you should also check out my Taco Bake recipe.
Watch the video to see how it is made.
- 4 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1.25 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Garnish: Sour cream and pico de gallo
- Mix biscuit baking mix and water; spread evenly in lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Stir together cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; spoon over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares; garnish with sour cream and pico de gallo.
Referral links were used in this post.
Linked to Weekend Potluck