This Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole is the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe for a holiday or special occasion.
My mom is a huge cheesecake fan and I can’t wait to make this for her for Mother’s Day this year! This recipe would also make a great Easter Brunch recipe!
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
I love french toast but I love overnight french toast even more! There is just something wonderful about waking up and popping the casserole dish into the oven, grabbing your coffee (or caffeine or choice, pop for me!) and breakfast is ready by the time you wake up!
The secret to this recipe is to make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and make sure to cream the sugar and cream cheese first before adding other ingredients.
Adaptions of this recipe could include other fresh fruit like blueberries, or for something more indulgent try drizzling chocolate or caramel sauce over top! That’s my kind of breakfast!
If you like this recipe you may also like this Overnight Vanilla French Toast recipe
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into about 8 slices about ¾ inch thick slices
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ¾ cup sugar + 2 Tablespoons, divided
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- Garnish: maple syrup and powdered sugar
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Arrange bread slices in pan in a single layer; set aside.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and cream cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients (except strawberries and garnish) whisk together until completely smooth.
- Pour evenly over bread slices until covered.
- Cover and chill overnight, or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Bake, uncovered, on center rack of oven at 400 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes, until puffy and golden.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over strawberries and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Serve with fresh sliced strawberries and powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck
Linked to Meal Plan Monday