Pistachio Salad is the perfect dessert recipe made with pineapple, marshmallows, cool whip, grapes and pistachio pudding mix.
This recipes comes from a cookbook I found at grandmas’s house, a cookbook put together by the Indiana Farmers Union in 1984-1986. Some of my favorite recipes come from old cookbooks like this one. This Cheesy Smoked Sausage Veggie Casserole recipe also came from this cookbook.
This recipe would be perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or St. Patrick’s Day but you can enjoy it any time of year.
I grew up with a jello or pudding salad at all of our big family meals like this one and I love them all. I always laugh that they are called “salads” (my kinds of salad 😉 ) while there is some fruit in it this recipe is more of a dessert or side dish than a salad. The best part about these types of dishes is they usually need to be made ahead making it perfect for holidays or entertaining.
This recipes is also quick to toss together. I usually let the cool whip sit out for 15 minutes which will let it all mix together easier. The salad will taste best when you refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 3.4 oz package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 - 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 8 oz cartoon Cool Whip
- 1 cup crushed pistachio's or other nuts
- 1 - 1/2 cup seedless white grapes cut up
- Mix together the pudding mix and cool whip.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.