This Cheesy Ham & Vegetable Bake is a quick and easy casserole recipe packed with pasta, ham, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in a cheesy cream sauce.
This recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes Cookbook. It’s 3 cookbooks in one!
If you love this recipe you should also try this Ham & Cheese Pasta Bake.
Cheesy Ham & Vegetable Bake
I love casserole recipes! This Cheesy Ham & Vegetable Bake is easy to toss together and one the whole family will love.
This is one of those recipes that is great to make after the holidays to use up leftover ham. You could also substitute for any leftover veggies as well.
The key to making this recipe is to not over cook the pasta before you have to bake it so follow the instructions for al dente pasta on the package directions.
Different frozen vegetables can be substituted based on preference but I love the flavor of broccoli and cauliflower with the cheese sauce and the carrots add great color and crunch. If you aren’t a fan of “crunchy” vegetables I would cook them fully before adding them to the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
- 16-oz. package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower blend
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cup cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup croutons, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; add frozen vegetables to cooking water just to thaw.
- Drain; place mixture in a 2-quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Mix sour cream, milk, one cup cheese, ham, onions and garlic; stir into pasta mixture in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with croutons and remaining cheese during last five minutes of baking
Referral links were used in this post.