This recipe for homemade Cinnamon White Cocoa is not your typical cocoa, but it’s a hit with kids and adults alike!
My oldest doesn’t like chocolate, gasp! Can you believe? Maybe I ate too much when I was pregnant with him! ha! So, when I found this recipe for Cinnamon White Cocoa from Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites Cookbook I knew it would become our family go-to recipe!
This fall we had awesome weather, dry and warm, which has been great for harvest. But this weekend the chill is in the air and what better way to warm up than a glass of cocoa! This would also be the perfect recipe to make for Christmas morning or once the snow hits to warm up the kiddos after playing outside or sledding.
Cinnamon White Cocoa
This recipe is easy to toss together in a crock pot. The adults in our family love the addition of chopped pecans, the kids love to garnish their white cocoa with these mallow bits but you could also use mini marshmallows. The caramel topping is a perfect flavor addition!
Once the chocolate is melted be sure to turn the slow cooker down to low or warm so you don’t burn the cocoa. Cheers!
Serves: 8 servings
- 8 cups milk
- 2-1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: whipped cream, caramel topping, chopped pecans, mallow bits or mini marshmallows
- Pour milk into a slow cooker; add chocolate chips, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 45 minutes on high.
- Whisk and cook another 30 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Keep on warm setting until ready to serve.
- Just before serving whisk again.
- Ladle into mugs; garnish as desired.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
Referral links were used in this post
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday
Linked to: Weekend Potluck