Are you looking for a great slow cooker roast recipe? This Crock Pot Chipotle Shredded Beef is great for tacos, burrito bowls or just served with rice and beans.
This recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch 303 Simple and Satisfying cookbook.
We get a half of beef at a time so we always have roast in the freezer waiting until the day I get inspired. I will be honest I am not the biggest fan on traditional roast so I am always looking for new ways to use them up like these Italian Beef Sandwiches or this Beef and Noodles.
Crock Pot Chipotle Shredded Beef
This recipe is a favorite of mine because it has such great flavor! I am not a biggest fan of spicy foods so you can adjust the spice in this recipe with the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. If you like really spicy food you can cut up the peppers before you add them to the beef mixture. If you don’t you can decrease the amount of peppers you cook the beef in or just use the sauce and don’t include the peppers.
I always discard the peppers before I shred the beef.
You can serve this beef in tacos, in a burrito bowl (as shown) and it’s great even just with rice and beans.
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2-3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Top with remaining ingredients
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Discard the peppers.
- With two forks, shred roast in slow cooker; stir well.
- Serve into warmed tortillas or burrito bowl style with desired garnishes.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday!