My mom was staying with us for a couple days and we were both drawn to the quiche recipes in the Kick-Off Brunches section of the new Gooseberry Patch cookbook Game-Day Fan Fare. When I saw Gretta’s Ham, Potato & Cheddar Quiche I knew my meat and potato loving husband would approve!
Start by piercing the sides and bottom of a pie crust with a fork. You can use a store bought crust or here is my recipe for Never Fail Pie Crust. Bake the crust for 5 minutes.
Cook your potatoes and ham in a skillet until brown.
Whisk together your eggs and half-and-half.
Add your seasonings.
Toss the potatoes and ham in your cooked pie shell.
Add your egg mixture.
Top with cheese and bake!
Serve warm with your favorite salad and a cup of fresh fruit!
Gretta’s Ham, Potato & Cheddar Quiche
- 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup potato, boiled, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce the sides and bottom of pie crust with a fork.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook potato and ham in oil for 5 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer potato mixture to pie crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- If edges of crust brown too quickly, cover with strips of aluminum foil.
- Cut into wedges.