This is the perfect meal to plan ahead and start the night before you plan to enjoy it!!
Start off by cutting up some French bread.
Toss bread crumbs with butter.
Place half in your baking dish.
I gave the bread a quick sprinkle of garlic salt and onion powder.
Top with half the cheese and broccoli
Sprinkle with ham.
Top with remaining cheese and broccoli. I made one to eat and one to put in the freezer!
Top with remaining bread.
In large bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
Pour over casserole.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Before baking remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Ham and Broccoli Bake – Two Maids a Baking
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss bread cubes with butter.
- Place half in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the cheese and broccoli; sprinkle with ham.
- Top with remaining broccoli, cheese and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper.
- Pour over casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.