Lehua Salad is an easy salad recipe that even the meat and potato lover in your life will love! This salad has layers of spinach, bacon, ham, eggs, cheese and peas.
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law as part of my bridal shower present. She mentioned on the recipe card it was her favorite! I received recipes from everyone that was invited to the shower and have a special book to put them in, like this one. This is one of my favorite gifts because as time has gone and people have passed, I have recipes from them in their hand writing, SO special.
This salad needs to be made ahead so it is the perfect one to take to a potluck, picnic or to make for company. It looks best in a trifle bowl. I like to toss everything together before serving so no one misses out on any of the goodies!
Other Salad Recipes to Try
- 2 Bunches Fresh spinach trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Sugar divided
- 6 Hard Boiled eggs chopped
- 2 cups Ham deli meat Chopped
- 1 10 oz bag Frozen peas partially thawed
- 1 White onion chopped
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 cups Swiss cheese shredded
- 1 lb Bacon cooked, drained and crumbled
- Paprika (optional)
- Use a trifle dish for best presentation.
- Arrange half of the spinach on bottom of 4 quart trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with half the sugar.
- Place eggs in layer on spinach, layer ham on eggs.
- Top with remaining spinach and sugar.
- Spread peas over mixture and then add onion.
- In a medium bowl combing sour cream, mayo.
- Spread mayo mixture evenly on salad to edges to seal.
- Sprinkle with paprika (optional)
- Chill overnight.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon before serving.
Referral links were used in this post.