This Rocky Road Chocolate Spoon Cake is made in the crock pot and a chocolate lovers dream!
This cake isn’t your traditional cut and serve cake it is actually a dessert that you spoon into a bowl, hence the name spoon cake! The cake will bake up and then there is a pudding like layer at the bottom, be sure to get to the bottom when serving! So good!
Rocky Road Chocolate Spoon Cake
The recipe uses a German chocolate cake mix, which offers the perfect not so sweet chocolate taste. No need for icing, the topping of the marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans just might be my favorite part!
Serves: 8 servings
- 15.25 oz. pkg. German chocolate cake mix
- 3.9 oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cup milk, divided
- 3.4 oz. pkg. cook & serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine dry cake mix, dry instant pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, melted butter, vanilla and 1-1/4 cups milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle dry cook & serve pudding mix over batter.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, heat remaining milk stirring often for 3 to 5 minutes; do not boil.
- Slowly pour hot milk over pudding.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours on low or 3.5 to 4 on low or until done.
- Cake will set up as it stands.
- Uncover and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cake with remaining ingredients.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
Referral links were used in this post.
Linked to Weekend Potluck
Linked to Meal Plan Monday