This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight is the perfect layered dessert recipe for the chocolate peanut butter lovers in your life!
Living on a farm proves there are educational opportunities every where you look and when I made this dessert I thought it was the perfect opportunity to talk with out boys about soil.
First lesson: The difference between dirt and soil. Soil is a natural medium for the growth of plants and dirt is what get’s on your clothes – AKA the nemesis of us moms!
Second lesson: the different layers of the soil. Different types of soil have their own characteristics but for this demonstration I matched the layers in the dessert with bedrock (the crust – even has some “rocks” aka chopped peanuts), parent material (the 2nd layer), subsoil (the 3rd layer) and topsoil (the 4th layer) and I even topped it with some organic material (chopped peanut butter cups).
The boys loved the dessert and loved learning more about soil. As farmers one of our top priorities is taking care of the land and our animals. We know that in order to make a living from farming we need to do our best to make sure the cows are comfortable and continue to improve the way we farm in order to be able to pass the land on to future generations. We do many things working towards this including planting cover crops, soil testing and implementing conservation practices like grass waterways.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight
This recipe is as simple as mixing together the individual layers and layering them in a 9×13 inch pan. This dessert is perfect for summer because you don’t have to turn the oven on! Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Delight
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped salted Spanish peanuts
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounce carton cool whip thawed
- 1-2 cups chopped peanut butter cups
- Mix together crust and press into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix together the second layer and spoon over the crust with a wet spoon.
- Mix together the third layer and pour over second layer.
- Top with cool whip and garnish with the chopped peanut butter cups.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck