These Roast Beef Roll Ups with Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese make the perfect appetizer and would be great for a lunch idea or meal on the go.
I use to work at a bakery and cafe and we always served the roast beef sandwiches with an herbed cream cheese spread, they pair so well together. So, I decided to make it in a roll up and the results are fantastic! Roll ups are great for on the go and make the best appetizers.
If you are looking for a gluten free or low carb version check out these, Low-Carb Roast Beef Roll-Ups with Herb Cream Cheese.
If you like this recipe you will also like these Veggie Tortilla Roll Ups.
Roast Beef Roll Ups with Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
The key to this recipe is to let your cream cheese soften. I used the larger burrito size tortillas but you could use the flavored wraps if you wanted. I used two pieces of roast beef lunch meat per tortilla.
The center of the pinwheel is the hardest to keep tight. Start by rolling the tortilla into itself and the continue rolling until finished. Cut the ends off and don’t include them on the display plate. In fact I normally eat those while I am cutting the others… shh don’t tell!
When I know I am going to serve these right away and I am making them for a lunch I often add lettuce. But the lettuce can sometimes get soggy so add with caution.
- 12 ounces sliced roast beef lunch meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- Mix the cream cheese with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder until blended.
- Spread about 1 heaping Tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over 1 tortilla.
- Place 2 slices of roast beef on the tortilla.
- Roll tightly and repeat.
- Place the tortilla rolls on a plate with seams down and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into ½ inch slices before serving.
Shared on Weekend Potluck: