Sour Cream Noodle Bake is a great freezer friendly casserole recipe.
This recipe was sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you ever done a freezer meal party? I have participated in a number and while it’s a lot of work it is so nice grabbing a healthy, homemade meal out of the freezer to cook on a busy night. I was really surprised on how affordable making this recipe was, considering it’s protein packed, each meal cost about $9 (serves 6 people) and that included the foil pan.
For this freezer meal party there were 8 people participating so we were to make 8 of one dish and then we all swapped. Here are some great tips if you want to do your own freezer meal day. I now have 8 different meals in my freezer (you can find the other recipes here) which will come in handy the next couple months as we prepare for Spring planting on the farm.
Spring is a busy time on the farm and once the ground turns warm and dry it will be a race to get the corn and soybean seeds in the ground. There’s a limited amount of time that is prime for planting so that means long days and short nights. My husband does the majority of the planting and if the boys and I want to see him it usually involves bringing lunch out to the field. When you work hard you get awfully hungry and these recipes will come in handy!
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
This recipe is adapted from a Pioneer Woman’s recipe, I switched up a couple things to suite our families tastes.
I like to layer the ingredients in this recipe because I think it looks prettier but it will taste just the same if you want to mix the noodles and sauce together before baking.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions chopped
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked al dente (about 5 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Stir and let simmer.
- Cook noodles until al dente (about 5 to 6 minutes); drain
- In a medium size bowl mix sour cream, cottage cheese and green onions.
- Add noodles to sour cream mixture and mix together.
- Layer noodle mixture in a lightly greased casserole pan.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and warm through out.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck