Are you looking for a great dip recipe? This Crock Pot Beef Enchilada and Rice Dip has all the taste of your favorite Mexican meal but in dip form!
I will be honest the last time I made this my husband and I ate it as our meal! The dip is similar to our favorite dip Enchilada filling so I knew it would be a hit!
Crock Pot Beef Enchilada and Rice Dip
This recipe is easy to toss together and cook in a crock pot. I used the Casserole Crock Pot.
Start by browning your ground beef and sausage; drain. Add onion and cook a couple minutes. Mix all the ingredients in your crock pot and cook for 1 to 2 hours on low or until the dip is warm through out and the cheese is melted. If you aren’t using a casserole crock pot I would recommend using a slow cooker liner for easy clean up!
I garnished the recipe with shredded cheese and green onions but you could also add tomatoes and black olives.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.8 ounce) ready to serve Spanish rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 package tortilla chips
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion and simmer for a couple minutes.
- Heat rice according to package instructions.
- In a crock pot mix meat mixture, rice, beans, sauce and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 1-2 hours or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and green onions before serving.
Referral links were used in this post.