Veggie Tortilla Roll Ups have an irresistible ranch flavored cream cheese filling that makes a great after school snack or appetizer.
I am always looking for fun ways to get my kids to eat their vegetables and these roll ups are so tasty! These would be perfect finger food for a picnic and can’t wait for the weather to get nicer so we can have one!
I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, a fundraiser cookbook that fellow farmwives and dairy farmers put together. The fundraiser cookbooks are always one of my favorites because everyone always send in their best recipes!
Veggie Tortilla Roll Ups
The tip to making these roll ups is to not fill the tortillas too full. The more filling you place on the tortilla the more likely you are to get air pockets and mess up the pinwheel design.
Cut the ends off and don’t include them on the display plate. In fact I normally eat those while I am cutting the others… shh don’t tell!
You could easily make these a day ahead of your party and slice right before serving.
The sour cream could easily be substituted for mayo or another block of cream cheese based on your liking.
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese block, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 package large 10-inch tortillas, room temperature
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix and mix with electric mixer until blended.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and shredded cheese; and mix together.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas; thin layers work best.
- Roll tortillas tightly placing seam down.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into ½ inch slices before serving.
Linked to: Weekend Potluck
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday