Are you looking for a great slow cooker dessert recipe to warm you up on a cold winter’s day? Look no further! This Warm Winter Lemon Cake will have everyone asking for seconds!
This recipe was adapted from recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, a fundraiser cookbook put together by other dairy farmers.
I love crock pot desserts especially the ones that use a pudding mix and create a yummy lava type layer. This Rocky Road Chocolate Spoon Cake is great for when you need a chocolate fix.
Warm Winter Lemon Cake made in the Crock Pot
As is this cake has a hit of lemon flavor, (my hubby isn’t the biggest lemon fan). But if you would like to bump up the lemon flavor you could substitute a lemon cake mix or add a teaspoon of lemon extract to the pudding mixture.
This recipe is served more like a dessert in a bowl than a cake. The pudding will sink to the bottom created a lava type yumminess. If you don’t see any after the first spoonful keep looking. It sometimes goes towards the outside of the crock pots. All the more reason to eat some more! 🙂
Warm Winter Lemon Cake
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix eggs, oil and water to prepare cake batter according to package directions
- 1 cup Cold Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 3.4 ounce Package Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour into a greased 6 quart crock pot.
- Pour milk, water and lemon juice into a large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mix.
- Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes or until soft set.
- Pour gently over the batter making sure the pudding is evenly distributed.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours (depending on how hot your crock pot cooks) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes clean.
- Turn crock pot off and cool for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.