Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is an easy classic Italian dish that can be made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. This recipe also includes crock pot instructions.
Don’t let the name fool you this recipe is really easy to toss together and one that everyone will love.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
I knew this recipe would make a great Instant Pot recipe because it makes a great slow cooker recipe.
To make in the slow cooker:
Lightly brown the chicken in olive oil on both sides, add the garlic, onion and peppers. Saute for a couple more minutes. In a 6-quart slow cooker add the broth, tomatoes, Italian seasonings and stir. Add chicken mixture and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until chicken is done. If you would like to thicken the sauce put 1/4 cup corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl, mix. Add to the sauce mixture and stir.
*Always check the temperature of your meat in the Instant Pot to make sure the meat is cooked to a safe temperature
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb. chicken parts, skin removed (I use a combination of thighs and breasts)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Medium red or green pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 package Fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Corn starch - optional
- Turn on the saute function on your Instant Pot and drizzle the olive oil over the bottom.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and saute on both sides until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, peppers and chicken stock and continue to saute a couple more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and close the lid, make sure the steam valve is in the sealed position.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off release the valve, use an oven mitt or kitchen towel for protection.
- Stir and let the sauce sit for a couple minutes.
- If you would like to thicken the sauce, in a small bowl mix together ¼ cup corn starch and 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Add to the sauce mixture and stir.
- Serve over Fettuccine noodles
- *Always check the temperature of your meat cooked in the Instant Pot to make sure it is cooked to a safe temperature.