Are you looking for a simple ham recipe that can be made in the crock pot? This Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Ham is the perfect ham recipe for the holidays or family dinner.
This recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Christmas Favorites Cookbook. It is so easy and perfect for a holiday or when you are making a big meal and need the extra space in your oven for sides.
I love to cook hams all year round. Everyone in our family loves it and I never have to encourage the kids to eat their dinner, always a bonus for mom! Leftovers get gobbled up just as fast. This Macaroni and Cheese with Ham is one of our favorite ways to use up leftover ham.
Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Ham
Cooking ham in the crock pot results in the most tender and juicy ham. When cooking a ham in the slow cooker be sure to use a bone in ham. All crock pot cook differently so be sure to check the ham occasionally so you don’t over cook it, it really just needs to be heated through.
I love the flavor that this recipes gives. I did not use the packet that came with the ham.
Serves: 10-12 servings
- 7-lb. fully cooked bone-in ham or spiral sliced ham
- ⅔ cup apple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place ham in a large (6 quart or more) slow cooker.
- Mix apple juice, brown sugar, honey and mustard in a small bowl; spread over ham.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until heated through.
- Remove ham to a serving platter.
- Slice and serve with sauce form slow cooker.
Referral links were used in this post.
Shared on Weekend Potluck