Are you looking for a great grilled side dish recipe? These Parsley and Parmesan Potatoes are easy to make and yummy to eat!
When I saw this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch Grilling and Campfire Cooking cookbook I knew my meat and potato loving family would love them!
We love to go camping, our camping usually involves tractor shows or cow shows. While the reason we are camping changes food is always one of the priorities! These potatoes would be a perfect addition to our menu. I could even cook the potatoes before we left home to simplify the steps.
Parsley and Parmesan Potatoes
The directions for this recipe say to grill the potatoes after they have been cooked on the stove. You could also roast the potatoes in the oven if you don’t have a grill available. I used a grill basket but you could also use a foil packet. The fresh herbs in this post make this the perfect summer recipe.
Parsley & Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 lbs. new redskin potatoes
- 1 cup green onions sliced thinly
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water.
- Cook over medium-high heat until tender; drain.
- Let potatoes cool; cut in half and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and toss well.
- Place potatoes in a grill basket; season with salt and pepper.
- Place basket on grate over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes; stir well and cook another 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove potatoes to a bowl; toss with butter and remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.
Referral links were used in this post