Are you looking for the perfect pie crust? This Never Fail Pie Crust is my go-to recipe!
Never Fail Pie Crust
I am going to show you step by step instructions that you can follow along with including pictures! Start by mixing together all your dry ingredients and then cut in your shortening.
Tuck the extra crust under.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ cup COLD water
- Mix all dry ingredients and cut in shortening.
- In a small bowl whip together wet ingredients.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Mix until blended and form into a ball.
- Sprinkle some flour a solid surface.
- Knead the dough a couple times.
- Roll out to about a ¼ inch thick.
- Trim excess and transfer to a pie plate.
- Decorate the edges as desired.