This Pumpkin Pecan Pie is the best of both of the traditional holiday pies, pumpkin and pecan, combined! A must have holiday dessert!
I use to work at a bakery and one year we had pumpkin pie mix and pecan pie mix leftover and we were just exhausted enough to toss them together. The result was delicious and now a must have at our house on Thanksgiving. No really, my sister asks specifically for this pie every year!
Here is my go to pie crust recipe.
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
This recipe looks complicated but you essentially make each pie filling and then mix them together (with equal amounts) and bake. I use the Libby and Karo Syrup recipes because they are what I grew up with.
I have the pampered chef pie plates which are deeper than most. So when I make this pie I use two cups of each filling per pie shell and then cook the extra in ramekins. We grew up calling it pumpkin custard, aka pumpkin pie without the crust!
The pumpkin pie mix makes a little more than the pecan so divide accordingly.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- 2 9-inch unbaked deep-dish pie crust.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 can 15 oz. LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin.
- 1 can 12 fl. oz. Evaporated Milk.
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 2 tablespoons butter melted.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- 1-1/2 cups 6 ounces pecans.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together individual pie flavors.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Take equal amounts of both filling and combine.
- Pour into pie shells
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday
Shared on Weekend Potluck