Are you looking for a great tried-and-true recipe that will have your whole family running to the dinner table? Look no further! This Crock Pot Sausage Potato Casserole will quickly become a family favorite.
This time of year on the farm is super busy with planting just around the corner. I am always looking for great recipes that are easy and delicious for our family to enjoy! Eating together gives us an opportunity to hear about each other’s day and I just love the stories my 3 year old has to share. So, when Jimmy Dean® contacted me and asked that I share a recipe featuring Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage this recipe automatically came to mind! It’s made in the crockpot which means I can toss it together in the morning and when I get home from picking up the kids and feeding the heifers, dinner is done!
So, I ran to our local Meijer to the refrigerated section and picked up a couple rolls of the Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage. For this recipe I used the “Regular” but other flavors are also available including “Country Mild” and “Hot.”
We love Jimmy Dean® Sausage around here and eat it for every meal of the day, not just breakfast. I love to use sausage in my pasta dishes for added flavor and it’s also great in soups. It’s really versatile and can be used in place of ground beef in almost every recipe.
Sausage Potato Casserole
This recipe has multiple layers; sausage, potatoes and sauce. Start by browning and draining you sausage and slicing you potatoes. One of these slicers helps speed up the process. We are peel people so I left the peel on the potatoes but you can remove if your family prefers. Layer potatoes, sauce and sausage and then repeat. I used a 5 qt slow cooker and cooked on low for 6-8 hours. Remove the lid and toss the cheese on and cover back up for 5 minutes or until melted. You can also make this in the oven in a 9″ x 13″ inch pan and cook at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours then add the cheese and put back in the oven until melted.
More Yummy Casserole Recipes
Sausage Potato Casserole
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage
- 1 10-3/4 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a lightly greased 5 qt. slow cooker, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or until done.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook 5-10 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
Affiliate links were used in this post
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday
Linked to: Weekend Potluck
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are entirely my own.