This Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole is easy to make and has all the yummy flavors of pizza but in a casserole! Kids (and adults) will line up for this dish!
Pizza and pasta are two favorites around here so I knew this pizza pasta bake would be a hit!
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole
The best part about this casserole is that it can be customized based on everyone’s preferences. You can use whatever shaped pasta you like, I had rigatoni on hand. Sausage tastes great in this recipe but ground hamburger would work great too. We aren’t the biggest fans of mushrooms but I know people who love them and a can of sliced mushrooms could easily be added.
When you are baking pasta I always like to cook it al dente, a little firm to the bite because it will continue to cook while the casserole is baking.
Serves: 6-8 Servings
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 1 (16) ounce box pasta (shape of your choice) cooked al dente (instructions should be on box) and drained
- 2 (14 oz) jars pizza sauce
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups pizza blend ahredded cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni
- Oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the sausage, drain and then add the onion, green peppers and garlic; saute until the onions are translucent.
- In a large bowl combine the meat mixture, sauce, noodles and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese; mix until combined.
- Grease a 9x13- inch dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the noodle mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and then pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and Oregano.
- Bake for 20 mins or until heated through and cheese is melted.