This Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer recipe for a party or watching the game.
I love dip recipes and I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food so when I saw this dip in one of my favorite cookbooks ( a fundraiser cookbook put together by fellow Indiana dairy farmers) I knew I had to try it. The kids also loved it! If you are looking for a chicken dip recipe that has a little more of a kick check out my Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
This dip is easy to make, just mix all the ingredients together in a 2 quart slow cooker and cook on low until blended. You may need to stir the recipe a couple times. This recipe is the perfect one to use a slow cooker liner on, it’s not fun cleaning burnt cheese off the side of a crock pot.
I love to get the rotisserie chickens form Sam’s Club, I just think they have a better flavor than regular cooked chicken breast but you can use either. This recipe would also be a great way to use up some of your leftover chicken.
I like to serve this dip on crackers but you could also use tortilla chips.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Dip
- 5 cups cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- Mix all ingredients together and heat on low in a 2 quart(or larger) crock pot for 2 to 3 hours until heated through.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips or Frito Corn Chips (Scoops would work best)