This Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip is the perfect, easy dip recipe for a party appetizer or to snack on during the game.
This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, a fundraiser cookbook with recipes from other dairy farmers in our state.
We love all things Mexican in our house. These Burrito Style Beef Enchiladas are a family favorite.
We also love this Crock Pot Beef Enchilada Rice Dip
But I wanted a chicken version for a particular party so I was glad to find this recipe.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
This recipe is as easy a combining all the ingredients in a crock pot and warming until ready to serve. Leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken would be great in this recipe. The onion and celery will both still have some crunch, which I like. But, if you prefer to just have the flavor and not the crunch, saute the celery and onion for a couple minutes before adding to the rest of the ingredients. You could also leave out the celery if you aren’t a fan and use onion powder instead of onion, 1/2-1 teaspoon would work.
Tortilla chips taste great with this recipe but I also like to serve it with corn chips, Fritos Scoops Corn Chips are my favorite.
Serves: 3 cups
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (10¾ ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ( 5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into a dip size ( 1 -1/2 quart or larger) crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place on low or warm until serving.
Referral links were used in this post.