Are you looking for a quick fun new recipe that will get your family to eat their veggies? These Grilled Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets are an easy recipe that requires no pots and pans to clean up!
My hubby is a picky eater and I often struggle to get him to eat his veggies. This recipe is the only one I have ever made that will get him to eat zucchini and yellow squash, score one for me!
Grilled Sausage and Veggie Packs
These have honestly become one of our favorite meals. It’s perfect for camping, tailgating or tossing on the grill at home. You can make a couple large packs or individual ones and customize ingredients to everyone’s likes.
Start by chopping all of the ingredients, place in a large bowl drizzle with oil and/or butter (I love the combination of both), and season as little or as heavy as you would like.
Grab a piece of aluminum foil and place the desired amount of ingredients in the middle, the larger the packet the longer it will take to cook. Bring the edges of the foil together and fold over to secure them to create a packet.
Place the packets on the grill on medium heat and cook about 20-30 minutes or until done.
More Smoked Sausage Recipes
Grilled Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets
- 1 lb. smoked sausage) cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 to 5 redskin potatoes cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16- oz. pkg. baby carrots
- 1 yellow squash cut into 1-inch cubes
- butter or olive oil to taste (I used both)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up all of the ingredients and put in a large bowl.
- Dot with butter or drizzle with oil.
- Season as desired.
- Arrange sausage and vegetables on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil coated with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Seal edges of foil tightly to create a packet.
- Place on a grill pan over medium heat; cook for about 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
This recipe came from Gooseberry Patch’s cookbook 101 Stovetop Suppers.