Slow Cooker Ham Barbecue Sandwiches are an old-fashioned family favorite! The perfect sandwich recipe when you want something a little different.
Fall is a busy time on the farm with harvest and I was so excited to find this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Fall Favorites Cookbook. I take a lot of meals to the field during harvest and these sandwiches will make a perfect addition to my meal plan. My husband gets tired of eating regular lunch meat sandwiches so this warm ham sandwich will be a welcomed addition!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HAM BBQ SANDWICHES
- thinly sliced deli ham (I used honey ham)
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- white vinegar
- yellow mustard
- hamburger buns
- Slow cooker (I used a 4 quart for this recipe)
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HAM BARBECUE SANDWICHES
Place ham in a lightly greased slow cooker; set aside. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Spoon water mixture over ham and stir. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours, until heated through and sauce has thickened. Serve ham on buns, drizzled with a little sauce from slow cooker.
More Great Ham Recipes
Our family loves ham. It’s one of the few things that I know everyone in our family will gobble up.
This post is sponsored by Indiana Pork but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Slow Cooker Ham Barbecue Sandwiches
- 2 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 10 split hamburger buns
- Place ham in a slightly greased slow cooker; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except buns; mix well.
- Spoon water mixture over ham; stir.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours, or until heated through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve ham on buns, drizzled with a little sauce from the slow cooker.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
Affiliate links were used in this post.