Are you looking for a great chicken slow cooker recipe? This Angel Chicken is a family favorite!
This recipe comes from the Hometown Christmas Gooseberry Patch Cookbook.
This is one of my favorite slow cooker chicken recipes! If you haven’t ever tried Angel Chicken you are missing out!
The name Angel Chicken comes from the chicken being served on angel hair pasta, but you could use spaghetti or any other pasta you have on hand.
When I am making this and have an extra minute I mix the cream cheese with the wine or broth before I add it to the slow cooker. You don’t have to do this step but it helps make sure you don’t have any lumps in your sauce.
Chicken can be tricky in the crock pot because different slow cookers cook differently, quicker. I always recommend checking the chicken half way through the cooking time to help you gauge how quickly it is cooking. A meat thermometer is also helpful!
If you are short on time you can use the chicken tenderloins, they are a smaller piece of chicken and will cook faster.
If you like this recipe you will also like this Creamy Herbed Chicken.
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup onion & chive cream cheese, softened
- 10¾ oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 oz. pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 lb. package Angel hair pasta
- Garnish: snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except pasta and garnish; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours, use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken isn't overcooked.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Spoon chicken mixture over hot pasta; sprinkle with chives.
Referral links were used in this post
Linked to Weekend Potluck