This Slow Cooker Holiday Brown Sugar Ham has all your favorite traditional flavors including pineapple and maple syrup and will be a hit at your next Holiday!
Making your ham in the crock pot is so easy and perfect for a holiday or when you are making a big meal and need the extra space in your oven for sides.
Here is another one of our favorite ham recipes, Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Ham.
Slow Cooker Holiday Brown Sugar Ham
This recipe reminds me of how my mom would make ham growing up. She always put pineapple rings on the top and when she was feeling extra fancy she would add a maraschino cherry to the centers which totally impressed my sister and I, it ended up looking like flowers!
You do need a pretty large slow cooker if you are going to use a 7 pound ham, I used a 6 quart and it just did fit. Make sure you consider the size and shape of the ham when you are purchasing it if you are planning on cooking it in the slow cooker.
My favorite part of making a ham is all the possibilities for leftovers! Click here to find some of our favorite leftover ham recipes.
Holiday Brown Sugar Ham in the Oven
To make this recipe in the oven bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes per pound (for fully cooked bone in ham). Tent with foil to keep the ham juicy.
*The pictures in this post are from the oven cooking version
- 7 lb. fully cooked bone-in ham
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 c. pineapple juice
- ½ c. maple syrup
- Place ham in a large slow cooker, flat-side down.
- Rub brown sugar over all sides of ham.
- Drizzle with juice and syrup.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours or until ham reaches 140 degrees with a meat therometer.
- One hour before serving, baste ham with drippings.
- Transfer ham to a platter; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
This post is sponsored by Indiana Pork but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Referral links were used in this post.